Monday, October 11, 2010

6 shootings, 3 murders this year in the complex.

Signs went up recently about a special meeting with the commanding office of the 67th precinct (Oct. 12 at 8pm at 1404 Brooklyn Ave). Sign says "in light of the recent events."

This, of course, is the polite way of saying "since two people have been gunned down in the last two weeks within the complex..."

They couldn't be more sympathetic victims either. A young father who appears to have been mistaken for someone else, and a young boy who refused to join a gang.

According to this that makes six murders within the complex for 2010.

I'm sure they had a hard enough time renting places when they could claim zero murders (2009), with these, I can't imagine good things for the leasing office.




(Title corrected with thanks to the below commenter.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Correction: Not that it makes things any easier for the leasing office, but six people have been shot resulting in 3 murders at the complex, not six murders.

Anonymous said...

Good to see yall are busy.

Might be a stupid question, but do you get good reception on your phone in the apartment?

Flatbush NYC said...

AT&T wireless is ok, not great. Roommate's Sprint wireless is also ok. We've never had Verizon landline, but did have DSL for a while and it was ok (cut in and out a couple times a month) but otherwise had a good signal.

Anonymous said...

Well, when are you moving?

Flatbush NYC said...

I'm sure I'll be out by the end of the lease... June 30th. However, I have to move for other reasons anyway, so it's hard to say whether any of this would cause me to move.

Anonymous said...

are you fat? i saw you the other day i think

Flatbush NYC said...

Orca fat!

Anonymous said...

Two years past and I'm glad I didn't move to this area. I was so on the verge to move there. Thanks to this blog, I learned so much abt the neighborhood and the poor management which was not in my interest!! :-)

Are u still going to blog after u move and relocate??

Flatbush NYC said...

>> Are u still going to blog after u move and relocate??

No. I can't rightly blog about FBG after I move, and I have nothing else intelligent to add to the general discourse of the internet.

I suppose I'll be looking for someone to take over. Well, in the interest of not giving someone the ability to edit the archives of this blog, by take over I guess I mean start/continue so that I can provide a final entry of a link to that person.