Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Laundry... the prodigal amenity has returned.

As Megan first noted here, the laundry room has been totally shut down for some time. Wrath followed-up here with an on-site inspection, having out smarted their sign with the secret entrance, also known as "the other door." In an effort to see how many older posts I can link to, I'll ponder with reference to this, what is the difference between the laundry room being closed and opened?
But really, I'm writing to report that I went there this morning to get mail and check it out myself, and they were back up and running, with people doing their laundry.

Though I laugh as much as others when FBG continues to characterize the new and nice laundry room as "state-of-the-art," I do think it's really nice. A lot of machines and less than half the price of the two commercial places closest to the apts. I mean, to me, state-of-the-art might require something a little more futureistic or feature-full than a "super-wash" for a quarter. I do like that for a mere 2-bits you may actually get the soap out of your clothes, but "state-of-the-art"? What exactly is the washing machine art anyway, that it has a current state? Anyway, don't think it should close at 9pm (last call is 7pm), but when open, and when working, it's really nice. Including new ammenities like a vending machine (currently broken, lol).

Get your clean on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know what prodigal means?

Flatbush NYC said...

Yes. Thank you for asking.

Flatbush NYC said...

No seriously, Anonymous, still waiting for your follow-up explanation so I can tell you why it was correctly and aptly used in this instance. COME ON! BRING IT!