Friday, September 25, 2009

Meet the Press.

So apparently this blog has been cited by no less than curbed.com and nypost.com. This leads me to believe I'm still the only one who cares to jot down oberservations of FBG living.... I mean, if you have to cite this blog as evidence of something, well, you're reaching.

I also think 99% of the NYPost article is probably bullcrap. Oh, the tanant advocacy lawyer thinks harrassment might be going on in favor of gentrification? The rent-stabalized tenants fear harrassment? I want to see one confirmed housing court docket number where FBG attempted to evict a tenant who paid their rent but refused to pay the A/C fee. (BTW, if that docket number happens to have my name on it, since I pay my rent and refuse to pay the A/C fee, then consider me served). Don't tell me they're just taking their time to file the paper-work... my roommate (former ex-roommate and co-signee) forgot to mail in rent once, and had eviction papers delivered before the next month's invoice. I hate to be cynical, or misaccuse actual victims, but I think the majority of people in a tenant legal clinic didn't pay their rent and now have 100 newly invented reasons for why they did nothing wrong and the landlord is evil. (When in fact they did a lot wrong and the landlord has just the usual 5 or 6 reasons for being considered evil). FIX MY SINK JERKS!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just posted a lengthy comment on the Curbed site. See #'s 12 & 13.

FYI-as of this morning, there is no laundry facility. The doors are shut and a note on the door says "laundry closed until further notice". Perhaps they never paid the electric bill???