Sunday, October 5, 2008

My continued quest to get my keys back.

I left my keys with leasing so that they could finish the apartment. Of course they aren't fixing anything, so I've been trying to get my keys back for a month now. Apparently only one person has access to keys and this person is never there. I went Tuesday to get them, and again, the person wasn't there, so I left a message with the desk girl asking them to get the keys tomorrow and leave them in an accessible place so the next time I come back I could get them. So I went today, of course they're still inaccessible, and of course they claim they never got the message. Which is all fine, grossly incompetent, but fine; however, despite 2.5 months of not doing anything and 1 month of not being able to simply produce my keys, they have the nerve to be rude to me. Like it's my fault they run the most disorganized operation I've ever seen. Whatever, I'm losing patience fast.

I was home sick today so I went to get my keys. They gave me one of them. Nothing is ever easy (at least not here).

Oh, and they said currently Leasing and Management were fighting over who should have to take care of problems with the apartment. Really? I'm sorry, they should be fighting over who gets to take care of tenants.

I got my keys back. They only gave me the apt key, and not the outside door key. However, after another call, and another visit, they went over to management and got me to outside door keys. They were very nice this time. They've either figured out I blog about their attitude, or are genuinely in a better mood over there. I don't envy their job. I mean, there must be a large percentage of annoying, rude, and difficult people in these buildings. Though I try to minimize my annoying and difficulty, and eliminate any rudeness, that may be why I can't get them to do much for me.

Anyway, all's well that ends well.

1 comment:

Weasel said...

My girlfriend was in the management office this morning and was witness to an interaction between the security team and another tenant regarding him being locked out of his apartment. The funny part about this story is that the management, in their inept glory, basically told him that they had better things to do than to help out. At one point the tenant said what if his children where locked in there, or what if his insulin was in there, to which FBG Finest replied, "you have 2 options, call your own locksmith, because if we call ours he has to get to the other tenants first, or call the fire department to break your door in, however if you do that you'll be liable for a new door." I'm thinking that giving up your keys in the name of getting things done is more counter productive than not having things get done.