Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Rainy days. In my bedroom.

I came home to my bed soaked with a couple gallons of water.

My ceiling leaks. My radiator leaks too, which no doubt causes my downstairs neighbor's ceiling to leak. I called emergency maintenance 4 days ago to have them fix it. The security guy said he'd put me on the list. I said that's fine, but he should understand that the water will cause serious damage to their building. He said he understands that but there's nothing he can do. Needless to say they didn't show up.

I thought it was just my radiator (that leaked water and steam) causing it, and that I fixed it myself. However, I was mistaken. I awoke to a new drip drip drip in my bed. So I went down there to ask why they haven't fixed this serious problem yet. I was nice at first, then we fought. Having gotten nowhere, I next fought with the middle supervisor. These things are never successful, but for some reason it was this time. They sent someone over. My radiator still doesn't work 100% but it no longer leaks, and most importantly to me, the ceiling no longer leaks.

So, that's enough for me to call this a win.



Bubble - a drip from the bubble did most of the damage. There were several.



More damage was done when the bubble bust (insert wall street joke here).




And the resulting bed.


No comments: