Thursday, December 11, 2008

Rent increase ALERT!

I don't know when it happened, but today I was looking at the website and the new rental scale for new tenants is:
$900 - Studio (2.9% increase)
$1100 - 1 Bed (7.3% increase)
$1350 - 2 Bed (12.5% increase)
$1550 - 3 Bed (Though I don't believe these actually exist). (11.1%)

Several things of note:
1. Should have signed a 2 year lease, as I plan on staying at least another year.
2. There is a pretty significant % disparity in the above.

3. My first reaction is: 12.5% in this economy!?! Are you kidding?!? But then I realize, it's probably this economy that is driving even more people out of Manhattan and into Flatbush Gardens.

Seems like a lot.

http://flatbushgardens.net/ (see the "apply now" tab for numbers)

4 comments:

Weasel said...

This is a cheap shot I know, but it begs to be said.... How else do you think they can maintain such winners as elevators, parking garage(s),and of course the "State Of The Art Laundry Facility". - Sorry had to do it, I need to laugh a little here.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised they raised the studio price at all considering the size of it. You can get a studio for that price in a much better place.
And I saw a commercial on tv yesterday for FBG advertising a "get a free month studio if you and a friend sign a lease." Obviously they can't get rid of them.

Flatbush NYC said...

Thanks for the info, I did not see that commercial. (Though they advertise so much, most of my friends have said "I saw a commercial for some project looking place in Brooklyn the other day, is that where you life?".

The studio is quite small. At 200 per month difference, the one bedroom is much better. What size did you get?

Anonymous said...

I got the 1 bdrm. It's much more economical compared to the studio and almost 2x the size.