Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Dogs, or no dogs; that is the notice.

Notice about dogs. See attached. I have two things to say about this.

One, ignore the first sentence for a minute, and I believe this is a shockingly reasonable, professional, typo-free document. If this was posted in a "luxury" building, it would not seem out of place. Good job management.

Second, what is up with the first sentence? As you know, you're not allowed to have pets, but here are three paragraphs about the proper care of your pets. It's almost like they had a perfect document, and said "wait, we better start it with a completely out of place and incompatible sentence so people know we were the ones that wrote it. I can't even guess how that sentence should have read to fit with the rest of it. "As you may be aware, it is stated in your lease that Flatbush Gardens has a no pets policy." I guess, if you change "no" to "defined." Because I am not aware of that, because my lease does not say that, and in fact says the opposite. Anyway, good try management, you almost had a competent notice posting.



No comments: