Sunday, April 20, 2008

A virtual walk in the garden; FlatbushGardens.net that is.

(Part Two) So, I checked out Flatbush Garden's website. It's kind of lame in parts, but they have floorplans to look at (but no square feet listed), and a very nicely done video on youTube. Also an address to look up. It spans the four blocks south-east of the Newkirk 2/5 subway stop. The video does a nice job to make you think it's a nice place to live, and safe. 24-hour security, etc.
I found this article about it that tells a nice story of the good and bad (accuracy unverified, but I mean hey, it's on the internet, so it has to be right, right?).

My roommate and I are both from Florida, and moved to NYC Sept. 1st from different places (i.e. I was no longer in Florida) and for different reasons. The roommate would like her own place, because she refuses to live with a stranger and doesn't like the idea of having to move back home to Florida if I ever move or get sick of living with her. The problem is she can't afford most studios or one bedrooms in NYC (who can?). So, after watching the video and realizing her friend from work lives really close to there and doesn't think it's too unsafe, the roommate got a little excited about a feasible option for being self-sufficient. To be honest, I kind got a little excited too. I can afford a little bit more than she can, but I'm quite strained with our Brooklyn Heights rent. I tend to like cheaper housing over "luxury" buildings. I mean I'm hardly home, so why pay for a nice apartment when it's basically a sleeping quarters and nothing else.

More information is needed. Fortunately, the leasing manager puts her e-mail on the website.




No comments: