Saturday, April 19, 2008

A walk in the park; park slope that is.

(Part One) For something to do my roommate and I went down to park slope to a batting cage. I didn't lead a very "sporty" childhood. Other than a couple of rounds of catch with my dad, and watching an occasional spring training game; I'd never really done much with baseball. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'd never hit a baseball before in my life. So, with "things to do before I die" list in hand, we took the subway from our Brooklyn Heights apartment to the slope to hit some balls. Good times. Not much to report. I hit most, but not many well. The day was nice, and the weekend to do list was short, so we walked through Park Slope heading home.

Some people are "people watchers" ( and to some degree I am too). However, I'm an avid "real estate" watcher. I could never afford a place, but I love ads for lofts or condos. I love going to their website, and I love looking at their pictures/prices. So, I'm always on the lookout for ads. On a bus stop there was an ad claiming "Flatbush Gardens is New York's Best Rental Value. Period!" They also described themselves as "Real Homes for Real People", which I find to be an odd statement, but I wasn't an advertising major in college. They advertise attractive prices though: studios for $875, 1-bed for $1025, 2-bed for $1200, and 3-bed for $1395 per month.


So, I've only been in NYC for 8 months now, but that seems like a deal, and way cheaper than our current place. I do my standard cell phone picture of the url (www.FlatbushGardens.net) for future viewing interest, and we move on...

No comments: