Sunday, July 20, 2008

Note about repairs and safety, as requested by some folks.

They did have the ex-roommate's key today (7/20), and it may have been ready sooner, but she's been busy in the evenings for a few days now. We went to the leasing office today to pick up the key and ask what the deal with the repairs is. The girl at the desk, Amy, is very nice, and seemed quite surprised no one has called us yet. Perhaps they misplaced our complaint letters/lists. It is a huge complex. I won't fault them for a few mistakes. She said she'll look into it tomorrow when the repair/renovation guy comes in, and personally call us to let us know when we can expect him to call. So, so far nothing is fixed, but I'll decide how annoyed I am with that tomorrow after an update from them. Had I been following up with them on a bi-weekly basis, I'd be pretty annoyed right now, but nothing is urgent, so I just let it go for two weeks, and maybe they just lost my letter and will be responsive once they're reminded I have issues. We'll see, and I'll post.

As for safety. I'm a single guy, so that's a little different. I feel very safe. I feel like everyone is super nice. People say hi. People offered to give a hand when we were moving, etc. Most evenings the courtyards are full of kids playing, and parents socializing. I rode my bike home from Manhattan Thur. night at about midnight, and wasn't concerned at any point. I mostly hang out in my apt., but I go to church, the subway stop, the store, etc. and feel very happy with the area. I've noticed a higher rate of people failing to "curb" their dog, so your shoes might be less safe if you don't watch your step, but that's it.

My ex-roommate is a single female. Perhaps I'll solicit her opinion for posting.

No comments: