Wednesday, August 19, 2009

As I mentioned in an earlier post:

"NY Property Law requires renewal leases to be sent to stabilized tenants no more than 150 days before expiration and no less than 90 days before expiration. They sent ours 84 days from expiration. The penalty/remedy for this is that the old rental rate will be in effect for all rent due dates occurring prior to 90 days from the mailing date. In other words, July 1st, which will be my first rental payment under the new lease will be on the old scale, and not the new one."


I told them that I was not going to pay the extra 98.64 for July. They called me in mid-july to tell me I had to. They claimed they replied to my letter, but I got nothing. I'd like it noted that when they go to evict someone they slide the information under the door, along with mailing it, but when it's any other issue, they just hope you find out what they said. Anyway, maybe they replied maybe they didn't. Management offered to send evidence of a timely renewal lease. I said ok. However, 1 month later, no evidence, no tenant copy of the lease, and no copy of this alleged reply. I called 6 times, and left 6 messages, politely asking when I could expect this, and they did not return my call once.

I try my hardest to be as pleasant is possible, and all I've ever asked of these people is to RETURN A PHONE CALL. They seem wholly unable to do such.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We were thinking about it recently, we've been here for a little over a year and I haven't seen any kind of notification of our lease coming due. Granted some of this is our fault, we have had A LOT going on the past few months between our jobs and other personal things to notice. We only check our mail once a week these days and that's usually on weekends. That however should be ample enough to receive notice about something like this. So it has me thinking 1 of three things...

1. We inadvertantly signed a 2 year lease.

2. We signed a 1 year lease and nobody has figured it out yet.

3. They "notified" us and we never got it.

The problem with the 3rd one is, I have yet to see a hike in my rent bill. So, shy of going down the the management office, what should I do? I'm reluctant to go down there as my history with them is less than stellar. (Not to mention my issues with their do nothing gestapo security force) Every time I've gone to management about anything they may as well have an automatic answer button that simply says, "Sure, no problem!"

Flatbush NYC said...

1. You are legally entitled to a management-signed copy of your lease. You should be able to get one from management. They have it on file, so if you went down there and asked for a copy-machine copy, that seems like something they could take care of right away (as opposed to something that they have to deal with while you're not standing there, and thus never will).

2. Possible. You do not have to pay a rent increase for any 1st of the month within 90 days of the renewal post-mark.

3. This is likely in part. They send it certified mail. I've gotten packages/letters before and the USPS "forgot" to put a notice in the mailbox. So it's entirely likely that a certified letter was delivered and you were never told about it. However, they follow-up on that a month later with a regular mail copy. In any event, as you say, it is either 1 or 2, most likely 1, until you actually do see an increase, then it's 3.

I would wait for an increase and deal with it then. Keep us posted.