Monday, May 19, 2008

Extremely disappointed.

(Part 15) We showed up at our appointment time of 6pm. After waiting around for a half hour, we were told at 6:25pm that all of the two bed-rooms were already rented, except for the less desirable one of the two I already saw. I am very annoyed at this. I specifically asked for the earliest appointment possible so that this wouldn't happen. I was told that the June 15th availability would not be ready until after Sunday. This is not true, they can do it anytime. I was told people can't sign leases on Sunday open houses. This is not true, the unit I wanted was leased on Sunday. Though Sunday is far more convenient than Monday, since they allegedly don't lease on Sundays, I asked for the earliest appointment I could get on Monday. I was given 6pm. Though it turns out I could have come much earlier (my favorite of the two I was shown was leased to someone else a couple hours before I got there).

I honestly don't know, maybe it's me. Maybe I've been working for an efficient company for too long, and living in a so-called "luxury" building for too long, but it seems to me they have little to no organization skills. Maybe being grossly understaffed is how they keep the rents lower. But seriously, charge everyone an extra $1! a month and hire someone (at $2,500/month) to answer emails, and write things down.

Ok, so having wasted a Monday evening (that's 3 hours of Mario Kart I'll never get to play), we're told that they're evicting a bunch of people soon, and we should call this specific person (whose name I can't spell) early in the morning. Anyway. We're now looking at July 1st. Keep in mind, I was hoping to living in a unit by this weekend. Oh well, at least they sound like they might make an effort this time to do something for us.

No comments: