Monday, May 12, 2008

Movers generally like to know where and when you're moving.

(Part 10) The move estimate lady came this morning. We have a doorman to stop all visitors and a phone in each apartment. The doorman said "Someone from flat rate movers is here to see you". I think it's safe to say the apartment building is wise to the fact I plan on breaking my lease. Oh well. It's a nice lady who came to do the estimate. She had spiky heels that poked holes in the un-assembled boxes I had on the ground. She was cute. I was like, "maybe you just give me an estimate on moving my roommate out and you and I can be roommates ;)". Just kidding, that's gross. Um, so she poked around. Asked some questions. Most I didn't know. When are you moving? Where are you moving to? Then she gave me her card and said she'd email tomorrow. I said, "maybe we could discuss it over dinner", and she said, well nothing because I didn't really say that. Off to work!

No comments: